Amchoor & Dates Chutney
This chutney will lend the right tangy twist to your menu—a sure recipe that will delight your guests at the dinner table.
- 2 tbsp. Amchoor / Alt Tamarind (Small Bunch)s
- 20 Deseeded Big Dates (Or 40 Small Dates)s
- 1 tsp. Roasted Cumin Seeds Powder
- 1 pinch Red Chili Powder
- 1 pinch Cardamom Powder
- 1 pinch Clove Powder
- 1 pinch Fennel Powder
- 250 ml Water To Soak Dates
- 200 ml Water For Chutneys
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Preparation: 20 min
- Ready in: 20 min
- Soak amchoor or tamarind in 250 ml water, for 30 minutes. Amchoor may not be soaked if in hurry.
- Boil it with the same water, till mushy.
- Cool a little and strain, and keep aside as a thick paste.
- Boil dates in 200 ml water, till most of it evaporates.
- Add prepared paste, and all other ingredients.
- Mix well, adjust sweet, or other flavours as required.
- Cool completely, before storing in airtight container.
- Refrigerate, and use as a relish or chutney.
- Can Be Served With: Samosas, Bhel, Chila, Dahi Vada.
Fridge Life: 2 Months