- Course: Side Dish
- 2 cup Cashew Cheeses Soaked Overnight & Drained
- cup Fresh Water
- cup Red Bell Peppers Diced
- 2 tbsp. Green Onions Diced
- 2 tbsp. Coriander Leaves Or Basil or Parsley
- tsp. Garlic Minced, Jains can skip this step
- 1/4 tsp. Bell Pepper Crushed
- tsp. Lime Juice
- tsp. Sea Salt To Taste
- For: 5 servings
- Preparation: 15 min
- Ready in: 6 h 15 min
- 1) In a blender, combine the water and the cashews. Start with 3/4 Cup, and add more if required. Blend until the cashew paste is very smooth.
- 2) Place the paste in a jar and cover in a clean towel and let it sit in a warm place overnight. This will allow the fermentation of the cheese, that will lend it a sour taste.
- 3) Transfer the cashew cheese to a mixing bowl and stir in the remaining ingredients.
Recipe from the book, ‘Dairy Alternatives’ by Dr Rupa Shah that is available on the website and amazon.in. Also available on Google Play.
Dairy-free, ethical and cruelty-free cheese tastes so much better! Try this easy-to-make cashew cheese tastes delicious and is very tempting with sandwiches and pizzas.