Dairy Free Vegan Shreekhand Recipe
- 1/2 cup almonds soaked for 8 hours
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked for 8 hours
- 1/2 cup whole rice soaked for 8 hours
- Raw sugar or palm sugar or any other healthy sweetener
- Cardamom 1/4 tsp powdered
- Kesar strands a few
- Throw away the water that is used for soaking almonds.
- Now take 1 cup water and blend almonds in blender and make raw milk
- Repeat the same process with cashews and rice. Make each of these milks separately. Now mix almond and cashew milk and start boiling it on low flam, stirring it often. Slowly add raw rice milk, one big spoonful at a time and stir often.
- After about 15 minutes, thick milk will be ready. Let it cool for some time till it is just warm.
- Add vegan yogurt as starter and curd will be ready in 8 hours out of this milk.
- This curd is now tied in a muslin cloth for a few hours till all the water gets drained and we get thick pulp for Shreekhand.
- To this pulp, add raw sugar as per your taste. Add Elaichi/cardamom powder and Saffron as per your taste.
Will yield just about 1 cup Shreekhand.