- Cuisine: Indian
This coconut milk option is is easier to make than it seems. Surprise your family with this recipe and watch eyebrows go up when you reveal this dairy-free secret.
- 6 servings
- 125 g Unpolished Rices Soaked for 2 Hours
- 3/5 Litre Fresh Waters
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Milks Thick
- 150 g Jaggeries Organic or natural Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp. Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 cup Almond or Soy Milk
- Chopped Nutes Garnishing
- Preparation: 15 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- Ready in: 45 min
- 1) Add soaked rice in the mixer with 1/2 Cup water. Grounded rice should be coarse as suji, and not like paste.
- 2) While grinding, add coconut to the rice.
- 3) Add 3/4 litre of fresh water to the ground rice.
- 4) Place this mix in a vessel and cook on a slow flame, stirring constantly to prevent limps. Keep stirring till the rice is cooked.
- 5) Add jaggery after the rice is cooked and the mix is of porridge consistency. Turn off the flame.
- 6) Add coconut, cardamon and almond milk.
- 7) Stir well for uniform texture.
- 8) Add a few chopped nuts for garnishing, if desired.